We couldn’t function without the wonderful network of parents who volunteer to act as class representatives. Here is a brief summary of what their role involves.
1. Co-ordinate fundraising.
- Organise the class stalls for the Christmas and summer fairs.
- Organise the cake stalls in spring/summer terms (in partnership with the other class reps from the year group).
- Encourage class members to attend and donate to other fundraising and social
events, eg quiz nights, auction of promises.
2. Build the class social network.
- Welcome new families to Bishop Gilpin and introduce them to other parents in the class.
- Compile a contact list of all children in the class together with email, telephone number, address and full names of parents/carers, and circulate this list to the class and teacher.
- Arrange a social event for the class once a term, eg coffee mornings / evening drinks parties.
3. Liaise with the class teacher.
- Co-ordinate the rota for parent/carer helpers.
- Find out if the teacher needs any extra materials for projects, etc, that parents could
- Collect donations/signatures for Christmas/end-of-year gifts.
Your class reps will do their best to help class members, but if you have a question or problem related to teaching or your child’s schooling, please contact your class teacher or Phase Leader. Your class rep’s role does not extend to these areas.
If you do not know who your class reps are, please ask your child’s teacher.